Hospitalist Jobs in Illinois
Tuesday · September 27, 2022
1 Job in The Land of Lincoln
Photo: The famous Cloud Gate Sculpture in Millennium Park Chicago.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Urbana) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Carle Health is seeking an Associate Medical Director to join our Hospital Medicine Department at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois.
- Great consulting service support.
- By Healthgrades.
- Carle Foundation Hospital is a 453-bed Level I Trauma Center that has been recognized as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals.
- Must be BE/BC in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and be eligible to obtain an Illinois Medical License.
- Act as liaison to staff nurses, nursing administration, inpatient pharmacy, social workers, nurse navigators, other departments at Carle regarding care of inpatients provided by the adult Hospitalist physicians and advanced practice staff.
- Approximately 50% clinical and 50% administrative.
- Hospitalists run Code Speed, Stroke, and Behavior Assist with Internal Medicine resident teams.
- Nursing Floor based rounding.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new professional staff team members as well as the onboarding and off boarding process to ensure positive impressions of Carle are developed and/or maintained.
- Proactively share best practices related to workflows, continuing education, engagement and patient satisfaction with fellow leaders and providers.
- Established support team including Assistant Medical Director, Practice Manager, and full-time Office Coordinator.
- The Associate Medical Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to develop and lead the hospital medicine team.
- Based in Urbana, IL, The Carle Foundation is a vertically integrated system with more than 9,500 employees in its five hospitals, multi-specialty physician groups, health plan and associated healthcare businesses including the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world's first engineering-based medical school.
- Carle is proud to be named a Great Place to Work.
- Monitor and consistently work to improve clinical quality and the efficient delivery of care and will be dedicated to establishing and evaluating performance expectations, which provide for the highest quality patient care and consistency in clinical care standards, driven by patient safety requirements and clinical outcomes monitoring.
- Dedicated Nocturnist Team and Dedicated Triage Team (no calls from ED or transfers).
- Play a supervisory role by establishing and communicating expectations for performance and behaviors to hospital medicine team.
- Join an established and collegial team of over 60 Hospitalists who provide 24/7 in-house care.
- Participate in change initiatives to continuously improve patient care and the service delivery model.
- Closed ICU.
- Designation, the nation's highest honor for nursing care and Carle Foundation Hospital (CFH) ranks as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals.
- 3 to 5 years of physician leadership experience in personnel management, change management and/or quality improvement preferred.
- 8 or more years of clinical practice in Hospital Medicine preferred.
- Summary of key duties and.
- Carle Foundation Hospital and Carle BroMenn Medical Center hold Magnet.
- Assist the Associate Chief Medical Officer and Dyad Partner in establishing and accomplishing departmental goals and objectives in alignment with the Strategic Pillars of the organization.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago
by Carle Physician Group